Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Letter To Verizon.

Dear Verizon,

I have been in a relationship with you now for 8 years. Whenever I wanted a new phone I was happy to sit by and wait until renewal time came for my contract. Phones are getting better and better. I have a HTC Thunderbolt and got it before the Unlimited Data buffet ended. The Samsung Galaxy Note is the new phone I would like to have. No other phones currently available interest me in the slightest. All I have to go on is rumors of a fall release this year. Back in January the rumor was that the note would come to Verizon in April. It's week two of May and still no word on the Note. Now there are rumors of a HTC competitor to the Samsung Note as well as the Samsung Galaxy SIII coming, another version of the RAZR, and the iPhone 5. Verizon passed on the Samsung Galaxy SII. That was a phone I wanted when it came out. The Galaxy Note is going into five months of being available on AT&T. Over 5 million Galaxy Notes have sold. This tells me that you Verizon no longer wish to make money and should therefore reduce my monthly bill of $80 to let's say $10 since you are completely happy with the 27 billions dollars you are worth. This illogical thought is the result of your illogical choice to not have the most popular and best selling phones available on your network. But you and I both know I can't leave my umbilical cord of unlimited data, 0 dropped calls, fast 1-1.5MBps speeds, and 100% coverage (for the few areas I travel.) A quick lesson on speed for anyone not in the know: 8 Mega Bits = 1 Mega Byte, MB = Megabyte, mb = mega bit, so 4mbps (or 4,000 kbps) = .5MBps. Which means that 3MB song I want to download will take 6 seconds. And I swear to God if I hear a Verizon rep talk about a lake and a river one more time I'm going to slap in the face with my foot. So here's me pointing out the mistakes of Verizon while being trapped in my happy little box with a giant complaint of not having that shiny new thing. I'm not going to buy any other phone on your network unless it's the one I want. I know I'm not the only one thinking this. I do know that vast majority of consumers don't share my view on this and it is a perpetuating cycle that a more informed consumer can break. So join me average consumer and demand more from your network.

Thank you,

Phone Geek,
Josh Beekman

No comments:

Post a Comment