Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Top 10 Things I Want From Star Wars Episode 7


As a kid I grew up watching the original Star Wars Trilogy. For the longest time Return Of The Jedi was my favorite. Then I became and adult and watched them again. A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back are still great movies. Return Of The Jedi, not so much. Then the New Trilogy came out and made very little to no impression on me. I watched those again recently and the only thing worth a damn are the bad ass fight scenes. The acting in the New Trilogy is cold, sterile, and a symptom of acting in front of green screen. Not that it can't be done, but with mediocre writing and mediocre actors, it's not really going to turn out very well. And it didn't. I then heard the news about Disney and Lucasfilm and the potential to do another Star Wars Trilogy. This could potentially be the biggest Trilogy in movie history. The key ingredient to making it the most successful Trilogy ever is sticking to what made the first movie great. A boy becoming a man in a world of dangerous bounty hunters and discovering his destiny. And along the way finds out what he is made of and makes friends along the way. Keeping that sense of discovery and sticking to timeless themes that don't get bogged down with cold acting, ridiculous plot points, and action scenes that have no build up and end up become meaningless and forgetful. So while I do like Star Wars there is room for me to love it again. If they do the following things then I think they could win me back very easily.

The Top Ten Things Star Wars Episode 7 Needs:

10) A really hot girl fight scene with the Princess Leia Slave outfits.

9) Zero Hayden Christensen.

8) Zero Jar Jar.

7) Zero Ewoks.

6) Zero CGI and 100% Live Set Pieces (like the original 3).

5) Han Solo to shoot someone first in the face again.

4) Decent writing that makes sense.

And

Now

The

Top

3

Things 

Star

Wars

Episode

7

Needs:

3) Mark Hamill back as Luke as well as all original cast.

2) A Boba Fett, Darth Maul, and Luke Skywalker battle.

1) George Lucas to stay the fuck away from it.



No comments:

Post a Comment