Monday, November 19, 2012

Halo 4 And The Future Of Gaming

HHHAAAAAAALLLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...................4.

So here it is, 2 weeks later after Halo 4 launched. It's the best Halo to have ever been made. And quite frankly I was worried that this was going to be just more sequel b.s. and milk everyone for their hard earned dollars. 343 has picked up and evolved Halo in a direction I didn't think was going to happen. Let me talk about m 3 favorite features. Number 1: streamlined game replay and sharing. Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 had quite a nice jump into getting people their replay footage but after awhile it wasn't worth the effort to get my footage. Halo give you a folder to store your stuff and a folder to share with everyone else. It's simply brilliant and simple. Number 2: 4 digit in game ID. I can't tell you how often in CODMW3 I would not get my headshot or get my head taken off because a team mate has a 29 digit gamer tag that shows up and takes up 40% of my screen. Halo maxes at 4 digits and keeps the heart of gameplay totally in tact. Number 3: graphics! It's soooo nice to see a jump in graphics in anything these days. Texture, lighting, and models have all pretty much been the same in COD since COD4. Halo finally takes the time out to improve everything. It is noticeably better and I appreciate every hour that went into making Master Chief look totally realistic with no aliasing, pixelation, or mapping lag. It gives me a little boost to see that if the graphics can and do improve then the next gen consoles will probably look pretty darn good. And if they don't, I'm sticking with my 360. It's also apparent to me that traditional controllers need to always be there. I have been using a d-pad and buttons since NES. I appreciate the creativeness that get injected into the motion controllers and cameras, but I've used them all and there is still nothing like a trusty rusty XBOX 360 controller. Although XBOX needs to get up on the d-pad game. They simply need to jack the PS3 d-pad. I can safely say at this point that Halo has won me back and away from COD and even Battlefield. It's amazing what can be done when you inject mechanics that work with a franchise that has history, compelling story, and style. And now a few images I like:









No comments:

Post a Comment