Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Halloween Joe's Top 25 Cars Of All Time

So my friend Halloween Joe saw my recent post of "The Top 50 Cars Of All Time" and we joked around about him making his own list of top cars. Well here we are and the only criteria for the best cars here is does Halloween Joe like it?

But first a quick little background on Halloween Joe:

My first car was a piece of glory. My 1988 Ford Tempo got the job done in a stylish and efficient way. It was in this amazing charcoal color and came loaded with heat, A/C, and a cassette deck. I was the envy of all of my friends when I bought my first CD-to-Cassette adapter so I could actually play CDs using my portable CD player. Learning how to drive in Michigan, I was thankful for the 4 cylinder engine and that the car was front wheel drive. It was especially fun when the passenger side brakes stopped working and I couldn't stop on the icy roads without fish-tailing or turning completely sideways. Never a dull experience. This car was retired and eventually turned into a demolition derby car after I upgraded to a 1994 Chevy Corsica. This Corsica was great. Burgundy is a great color for a car... really.  This was the first car that I installed a CD deck in. I was living the high-life with my CD player!  I only had a couple thousand miles on it before I let it sit for about a week while it had an oil leak I didn’t realize. I started the car up, made it about a half mile down the road and noticed that I had no oil pressure. This seized up the engine and I was quickly forced to search for a new car. From there, I got a 1998 Chevy Lumina. This thing was a beast! I got admired by all sorts of old ladies who dug my wheels (really… it was an old person car!). I installed 2 15in. sub woofers and new infinity 6x9s’. I turned that car into the ultimate old-lady mobile to the ultimate old-lady with hearing disorders mobile. I drove this car through college and into my first adult job. Now that I was making some money, I decided to let that car go and get something a little new.
I am now in a 2005 Chevy Cobalt. This car is pretty good. I have almost 200,000 miles on it, and it has been more than reliable (knock on wood).  I’ve had to replace almost the entire suspension after 60,000 miles, but so far, that is the only real work I’ve had to put into it.

Alrighty here it is, 

The Top 25 Cars Of All Time (according to Halloween Joe)


25
1953 Iso Isetta
Best bubble-shaped 1 cylinder car ever made. Period.







24
1932 Ford Deuce Coupe
Not just Tim Taylor's first hotrod… but this beast was the first production car to include a V8 and completely changed the landscape of American Muscle cars.







23
1987 Dodge Omni Sport
Not really sure what makes the sport version sporty, but I DO know that this hatchback is one of the coolest Dodges EVER…. The best feature has to be that the temperature controls are to the left of the steering wheel, making only the driver able to change temperature. Perfect for married couples who bicker about cabin temperature!







22
1997 Plymouth Prowler
Look like you're driving a really fast car without ACTUALLY driving a really fast car!







21
1983 Ford LTD Country Squire
5.0 - Liter V-8 with a hood-routed gas tank. The Family Truckster!







20
The Mirthmobile (AKA 1976 AMC Pacer)
Not just ANY Pacer… this Pacer includes a mounted CD player AND a licorice whip dispenser!







19
Speed Racer's Mach 5
5000 Horsepower. Enough Said.







18
1973 Buick Regal
Top Notch Luxury from this first generation Buick







17
1960 Fiat 600 Multipla
32 Horsepower, 4 Cylinders, top speed of 96 MPH. So many windows, it's like you're driving a convertible bus!







16
1982 Camaro Iron Duke
Why would you want your Camaro to be like everyone else's? THIS Camaro goes zero-to-sixty in 20 seconds! Be the envy of all your friends!







15
1961 Amphicar
Be it land or sea, this car can't be beat! Top speed of 7mph in the water… the fastest water car on this list!







14
2001 Pontiac Aztek
Stylish. Affordable. Practical. Why lug around a tent when you can just connect it to the car?







13
Gadget Mobile (AKA Lancia Monte Carlo Spider)
Is there anything this car CAN'T do?... I didn't think so.








12
58 Plymouth Fury
This is the car that Christine was modeled after. Ultimate killing machine.







11
1981 Delorean DMC-12
Do I REALLY need to give a description about this? This is the only car in history that could travel back in time.






10
Mutt-Cutts Van (AKA 1984 Ford Econoline Van)
Mobile grooming van. Can safely get you from Providence, Rhode Island to Nebraska without any worries!







9
1985 Yugo GV
Features 'carpet' as a standard accessory. Pure Class…. Just don't drive on any bridges.







8
1951 Studebaker Commander
After changing the body style from previous years and taking away unnecessary qualities such as aerodynamics, this Studebaker appears to be smiling at you! Who doesn't like that?!







7
The Homer
Separate front AND back seat bubbles, bowling trophy hood ornanemt, three different horn sounds. 







6
1928 Model A Business Coupe
Roll down those mean streets of Chicago with your mob-boss in this classic car. Beautiful design.







5
1985 Pontiac Parisienne Station Wagon
Load up the kids and get ready to puke your guts out in the backwards facing seat of this beast! The ultimate demolition derby car.







4
1969 Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
First Weinermobile built on a Chevy Motorhome Chassis as well as the first Weinermobile to travel to foreign soil! This record-breaker deserves a top five spot.







3
1996 Buick Funeral Coach/Hearse
This car is to die for! Plenty of room in the back for you and that special someone to cozy up under the stars.






2
Grandpa Munster's Drag-u-la
350HP, Ford Mustang V-8, two four-barrel carburetors. This car was so bad, Rob Zombie wrote a song about it.






1
1956 Chevy Belair Nomad
Chromed-out, fluted roof, American V-8… tons of muscle! The closest thing to a hearse without getting a hearse!




And there you have it folks. You can catch Halloween Joe at The Creepy Hollow Haunted Woods: http://www.creepyhollowwoods.com/

Be on the lookout for this Mad Man


No comments:

Post a Comment